Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Reflections on Evaluating & Searching
After doing this project, searching for websites to use for the subject I selected, I found that the new tools I learned were helpful. It was easier for me to find information than in the past. Specifically, I liked the "similar to" option. It helped to weed out websites and narrow down my search to other sites with information similar to the first one I found and evaluated and decided to use. I would certainly use this tool in my classroom to help develop a list of appropriate and functional websites to share with my students for projects utilizing web searches. I would recommend all of the tools we learned in this project to colleagues. It really helps to narrow your search and wade through all the extraneous sites out there that are not really related to what you are seaching for - saving you alot of time and effort wasted on clicking on and reading a bunch of sites you do not need or want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I definitely think that the similar to aspect of the advanced search can be a huge help. By using this tool we can find exactly (or close to it)what we are looking for. This can be a big help when creating curriculum.
I like your idea of making a list of functional websites. I think having a list available to students is a major asset to have. That way you can determine which ones are the most useful and approprate.
I agree completely. The "similar to" feature is fantastic. It blew my mind how narrowing your search can cause the results to be a third of what they might have been without the restrictions!
I'm glad too that you're enjoying my blog. :) It's a lot of fun to do... Thanks!
Post a Comment